Elise over at the Frugal Farm Wife gave me the inspiration for these healthy cookies (thanks, Elise). I had to do some substitutions as I cannot eat peanut butter due to food allergies, but they remain a great gluten-free, lactose-free, corn-free, sugar-free treat.
No Bake Chocolaty Drop Cookie
(makes about 18)
1 cup Almond Butter
3/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Butter, softened (or Ghee)
2 tsp Vanilla
2 1/4 cup of Gluten-Free Quick Oats
3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
3 Tbsp Organic Cacao Powder
- Mix together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Take a 13″x 9″ glass Pyrex pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Using a spatula and a spoon, scrape small 1″ cookies onto the parch meant paper leaving gaps between each cookie.
- Add another parchment liner on top of cookie filled bottom and repeat.
- Cover with lid and chill in refrigerator.
NOTE: Rolled Oats are gluten-free, but look for the label “gluten-free” as that indicates that they were not processed/packaged at a factory that also processes/packages gluten products.
My sons love these as a little sweet treat and they’re easy-peasy to make!