• 2 cups almond flour
• 4 TBSP coconut flour
• 1 1/2 tsp of finely ground pink Himalayan sea salt
• 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
• 4 small to medium sweet potatoes, cooked, skin removed
• 4 eggs
• 3 tsp vanilla extract
• 4 TBSP pure maple syrup
• 1 tsp of canola oil or avocado oil
• 2/3 cup of almond milk
• 1 tsp of tapioca flour
• 3/4 cups of raisins (other mix-in ideas: blueberries, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, or carob chips)
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT NEED:
• Waffle Iron
• A non-stick spray
• Spoon (to scoop out sweet potato from skins)
• Mixing bowls (one for dry and one for wet ingredients)
• Whisk (for wet ingredients)
• Spatula (to scrap the bowl and scoop onto the waffle iron gluten-free waffle batter)
• Cookie sheet (for cooking your sweet potatoes on)
• Parchment paper (for cooking your sweet potatoes on)
1. Place 4 small to medium sized sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Poke the sweet potatoes with a knife towards the center about 5-7 times in various spots throughout each sweet potato. Bake for about 40 min or until soft in the center. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Take a spoon and scoop out all cooked sweet potato and place into your blender. Once you’ve emptied all the sweet potatoes from their outer skin, blend until a smooth puree. Set aside.
3. When sweet potatoes are finished cooking, plug in your waffle iron to preheat while you mix the ingredients.
4. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
5. Whisk together all the other (wet) ingredients in a medium bowl.
6. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in your pureed sweet potatoes into your bowl of mixed ingredients. Combine until fully incorporated.
7. Open up your waffle iron and spray upper and lower sections with a non-stick spray. Add a small scoop of gluten-free waffle batter to the center and spread. It should only cover about 1/2 of the bottom. When you press down, it will expand to make a larger waffle.
8. Set your timer for about 7 minutes.
9. When timer goes off, take a fork and gently pry around edges all the way around until it lifts out of the waffle mold.
10. Top with your choice of fruit and/or maple syrup. Enjoy!
This recipe is Gluten-free, Corn-free, Lactose-free, and Refined Sugar-Free.
Return to > Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast Recipes | Lunch Recipes | Dinner/Supper Recipes | Snack Recipes
| Drink Recipes | Dessert Recipes