Garden-grown Healthy Homemade Protein-packed Pesto
• 3 cups of Basil (freshly harvested, rinsed & spun on salad spinner)
• 1/2 cup Watercress (freshly harvested, rinsed & spun on salad spinner)
• 4 TBS of EVOO or MTC Oil
• 1/2 cup of rough chopped Pumpkin Seeds + Walnuts + Almonds (I just do an equal part mix of all)
• 3 TBSP of Hemp Hearts Powder (or a protein powder of your choice)
• 5 tsp of Garlic (minced)
• 1 tsp Swerve Natural Sweetener
• 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (Fine Grain)
• 1/2 cup Water
• 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (Reduced Fat)
• 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
TOPPING | FINISHING FLAVORS: :
Pesto can be used on a gluten-free flat bread, on gluten-free pasta, tossed with just about anything! It’s especially good on grilled chicken! 🙂
- If you’re not already growing your own food at home, hydroponically, I encourage you to look into tools such as the JuicePlus+ Tower Garden. You will enjoy fresh herbs and vegetables and benefit from optimal nutrition because they are harvested at their peak.
- To begin making your pesto, harvest (if growing your own), quickly rinse basil and watercress and put into your blender the ingredients listed above.
- Blend on low speed at first and then scrape down sides down as needed.
- Increase blend speed until on high and all ingredients have been well macerated and combined. I usually blend for around a minute.
- Pour pesto mix into a refrigerator safe storage container and place lid on top. Store up to one week in refrigerator. For long-term storage, place in freezer-safe container and remove any air and store in freezer for up to one year. When you’re ready to use, simply take out and thaw.
- When you’re ready to use your fresh pesto, simply scoop desired amount — remember a little goes along way! Enjoy!!!
OTHER TOOLS YOU MIGHT NEED:
• Silicone spatula
• Food Blender
• Salad Spinner
• Sanitized small shears/clippers + Bowl with ice bath + Apple Cider Vinegar + ice cubes (If harvesting your own herbs/greens)
This recipe is Gluten-free, Corn-free, and Refined Sugar-Free
Return to > Dinner/Supper Recipes