• 2.5 chicken breast, boiled/cooked & chilled
• 1 quinoa, cooked & chilled
• 1/4 ground walnuts
• 1/4 cup of Craisens (optional)
• 1/2 cup of light mayo
• 1 tsp Red Robin Seasoning (or salt/pepper)
TOPPING | FINISHING FLAVORS:
• 1-2 leaves of Rainbow Swiss Chard (or other green of choice such as romaine, spinach, or bok choy)
• Shredded carrots (optional)
• Chopped red onion (optional)
• high fiber, wrap
• 1 medium size bowl
• Mixing spoon
• Two forks (to shred chicken)
• Small spatula
- Take left-over cooked chicken breast and place in a medium size bowl. Using two forks, shred (pull apart) chicken breast into smaller strips of meat.
- Add mayo, seasoning, quinoa, ground walnuts, Craisens, and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Lay out flat pre-made wrap. In middle of wrap, place 1-2 leaves of freshly harvested and cleaned Rainbow Swiss Chard (or other green of choice).
- On top of greens, place a small row of the chicken breast mixture. For added crunch, add a thin layer of shredded carrots. If you like red onion, sprinkle about a tsp onto each wrap.
- Fold in ends of wrap and then remaining sides until all sides of the mixture are contained (like a burrito).
• When I make chicken breast in my Instapot, I always factor in 2-3 extra pieces for left over lunch the next day. It’s perfect for this recipe and feeds your family lunch or a simple dinner on the go.
• Rainbow Swiss Chard, spinach and/or bok choy ensures you get a serving of nutrient-rich greens. To learn how you can grow your own rainbow swiss chard, spinach, or bok choy greens at home all year round, visit Grow Your Health Gardening.
• Consider using one of the following wraps which tend to be either higher in protein and/or fiber:
- La Banderita Carb Counter Whole Wheat Wraps (50 calorie)
- La Tortilla Factory High Fiber Tomato Basil Wrap
- La Tortilla Factory Multi Grain Wraps
- La Tortilla Factory Power Green Wraps
- La Tortilla Factory Tomato Basil Wraps
- Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wraps
- Ole Xtreme Wellness Spinach & Herbs Tortilla Wraps
- Ole Xtreme Wellness Tomato Basil Tortilla Wraps
- P28 High Protein Wrap
- Sunfood Super Foods Raw Organic Coconut Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ 9-Grain with Chia Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Ancient Grain Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Garden Veggie Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Honey Wheat Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Oat with Flax Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Premium White Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Sriracha Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Sundried Tomato Basil Low-in-Carb Wraps
- Tumaro’s 8″ Whole Wheat Low-in-Carb Wraps
This recipe is Gluten-free, Corn-free, Lactose-free, and Refined Sugar-Free.
Return to > Lunch Recipes